What is NDIR?
A non-dispersive infrared (NDIR) sensor measures infrared light of a specific wavelengths. Using unique absorption bands specific to different gases concentrations can be calculated by the sensor. NDIR sensors are commonly used to detect CO2.
Benefits of using NDIR
With Senseair’s automatic baseline correction (ABC), the drift in our NDIR sensors is automatically corrected in normal indoor applications. Eliminating the need to manually recalibrate the sensors. This results in a maintenance-free sensor that has a life expectancy with maintained accuracy of at least 15 years.
- Interference from other gases in measurements is minimal to zero for NDIR technology, (dependant on target gas)
- Longer lifespans compared to their electrochemical or semiconductor counterparts
- Don’t suffer from burnout or deterioration due to exposure to gases
- Low life cycle cost
- Precise, accurate and stable operation
- Maintence free with Senseair’s ABC
- Life expectancy of up to 15 years
Sensors that use NDIR
See a full list NDIR CO2 sensors from Duomo. All Senseair monitors and Aranet4 range utilise NDIR technology.
If you have questions or need to speak with one of our experts get in touch!